The initial visit to Moonee Ponds Periodontics & Implant Centre (MPPIC) will be a consultation appointment, so please allow approximately 30-45 minutes for this consultation. During this visit you will have an in depth medical and dental health history taken and an examination to measure for bone loss, loose teeth, bite, oral cancer screening, TMJ and other signs of periodontal disease. The treating Periodontist will then discuss treatment options and costs.
To make the first visit with us an easy process it is helpful to bring the following information:
- A referral letter from your General Dental Practitioner (dentist) if you were given one. Some dentists will provide this directly to us.
- Any recent x-rays or scans. As with referrals these may be sent directly to us.
- Our “Patient Information Form” which can either be sent to you or can be downloaded by clicking the link. This is a detailed form so it is usually provided prior to your appointment date. Our patients tell us they prefer to fill it in prior to their appointment.
- Your private health insurance card if you have dental extras as we have Hi-Caps facilities available and can claim directly through your health fund.
Reminders for appointments are sent via text message approximately two business days prior to your appointment. We ask that you either confirm this appointment by replying Y to the text or call us on 9375 7700. If you prefer us not to text you please let reception know and they will call you on a landline.
- All patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please notify reception if you have a medical condition prior to your visit (e.g. Artificial Heart valves or joints or heart murmurs requiring pre-medication).